This is the website for thunk Software, a UK-based company offering software and technology-related business services.
thunk Software is run by me, Andy Brownlie, so I guess it would be helpful to know a bit about me.
I have 20 plus years experience in business and technology, working in a vast array of market sectors such as Education, Energy & Utilities, Finance, Military, Public Sector, Transport and Telecoms.
I have worked for blue chip organisations such as BAA, Barclaycard, IBM, Scottish Hydro-Electric, Scottish Power and Scottish & Southern Energy as well as the System Operator for Northern Ireland (SONI), the UAE Air Force and one of the largest private non-profit institutions in American higher education, New York University.
With adaptability a key strength, I have worked for a diverse collection of clients, for organisations abroad, with over 30 different nationalities, and have experience of different management and operating models.
As well as thorough technical skills in all stages of the software development life cycle, I have experience in Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, IT Governance, Process Improvement, Risk Management, Service Management and Vendor Management, and I hold COBIT, ITIL and TOGAF certifications.
Over the years I have
- Successfully developed and delivered many bespoke applications to clients under tight timescales and ever-changing requirements
- Introduced standards and techniques in documentation, in requirements gathering and design in particular
- Established pragmatic development frameworks that allow development teams flexibility in approach, while still ensuring consistency in deliverables and quality of output
- Helped my organisation achieve CMMI Level 3 maturity (CMMI for Development)
- Worked with vendors to deploy and integrate systems for on-site operational readiness under massively challenging circumstances
- Developed an integration strategy for the rollout of a middleware platform, focusing on the efficiency value delivered to administrative departments and first class experience for all community members
I recognise the importance of working closely with stakeholders and end users to understand their business problems. In my opinion, this is key to providing suitable and pragmatic solutions and ultimately delivering value to my clients.
With my wealth of experience, and breadth of skillset, I am embarking on a new challenge to provide tailored products and services to help businesses make the right choice when faced with the complex plethora of software products or solutions on the market. If you are interested in acquiring the best software to give your business a competitive advantage, please contact me here.
Note, I still offer the following range of services to clients directly:
If you have a business that you think could benefit from thunk’s services and expertise, please reach out.
The thunk blog offers a diverse range of thoughts, opinions and ideas, focusing on software, technology and business. The idea is to log anything considered useful or valuable for both posterity and reference. If it helps others in any way, then all the better!