Andy has over 18 years experience in business and technology, working in a vast array of market sectors such as Education, Energy & Utilities, Finance, Military, Public Sector, Transport and Telecoms.
He has worked for blue chip organisations such as BAA, Barclaycard, IBM, Scottish Hydro-Electric, Scottish Power and Scottish & Southern Energy as well as the System Operator for Northern Ireland (SONI), the UAE Air Force and one of the largest private non-profit institutions in American higher education, New York University.
With adaptability a key strength, Andy has worked for a diverse collection of clients, has worked for organisations abroad, with over 30 different nationalities, and has experience of different management and operating models.
As well as thorough technical skills in all stages of the software development life cycle, Andy has experience in Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, IT Governance, Process Improvement, Risk Management, Service Management and Vendor Management, and holds COBIT, ITIL and TOGAF certifications.
Over the years Andy has
- Successfully developed and delivered many bespoke applications to clients under tight timescales and ever-changing requirements
- Introduced standards and techniques in documentation, in requirements gathering and design in particular
- Established pragmatic development frameworks that allow development teams flexibility in approach, while still ensuring consistency in deliverables and quality of output
- Helped his organisation achieve CMMI Level 3 maturity (CMMI for Development)
- Worked with vendors to deploy and integrate systems for on-site operational readiness under massively challenging circumstances
- Developed an integration strategy for the rollout of a middleware platform, focusing on the efficiency value delivered to administrative departments and first class experience for all community members
Andy recognises the importance of working closely with stakeholders and end users to understand their business problems. In his opinion, this is key to providing suitable and pragmatic solutions and ultimately delivering value to his clients.
With this wealth of experience, and breadth of skillset, Andy is embarking on a new challenge to offer the following range of services to clients directly:
- software development
- architecture & design consultancy
- website creation & management
If you are interested in hiring Andy, please contact him here.